Friday, December 30, 2011

Up All Night

'ello loves!

so, the very fun act of staying Up All Night.

I've done it, have you? (I think that at some point, everyone has to)

I don't know about you, but when I do, I brew a special kind of tea called Death In A Metal Waterbottle.

(self-invented, of course)

and I keep it with me All Night Long, just in case.

it is made of:

black tea
jasmine tea
green tea
earl grey tea
english breakfast tea

and hot water. (steep overnight, while being enjoyed.)

and then the fun begins!

I personally believe that I write the best around, say, 1:30 or so, and so I grab my notebook and pen with shaking hands and sit and wait and read and wait.

I also believe that in that hour, poetry is best enjoyed. so I do that, too. I find it difficult to simply sit and read Our Dear Edgar (Allen Poe) in the daytime hours, so... I read it then. ee!

and I sit, and wait, and read, and write, until I get antsy and I want to Jump Out of the Window, and roam around outside and leap about with faeries.

which of course I can't do, but I can imagine it, can't I?

and this is all very well, and I can feel the buzzing in my blood vessels, and I get all giddy like you should, until I don't feel so giddy anymore, around, say, 3:30 or so, and then I find it helpful to lay quietly in my bed for a half-an-hour or so.

(remember, dears, it's not cheating unless you fall asleep!)

and then I'm back again, raring to go on with a 4 o'clock-in-the-morning tea party, for which I get dressed up in my very-best witchy-dress with puffy sleeves and lacey-goodness and my stripey-stockings full of holes and louse-ladders (the more the better, as I'm sure you understand) and have MORE tea, perhaps even fresh tea, if I'm quiet...!

and then around, say, 5:00 or so, I'm chill and cool on the window seat, and 6:00 is too boring for words, and 7:00 I'm Up! and it's time to change back into my non-witchy goodness and get ready as quiet as a mousey.

and then, around, say, 10:00 or so, I'm back to bed! til about 1-ish with a headache and an upset tummy.

the end!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment